Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Google: Search things from a specific country


Share at Facebook

I don't know about USA. But at my country, I can see that I have an option to search only inside my country. Means it will return the results from my country only.

I was wondering whether I can get the search result for other country siting on my country or not. I just checked what is the parameter google sent to their server for country based searching. And just changed the two word country CODE with my string, and I think its working.

For example the below link, I just used UK for country code. You can try with other.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&hs=L5l&q=google+country+based+search&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK&aq=f&oq=

But I believe there must be some option at google to select. May be from advance search. But I just didn't find it.




No comments: