Friday, May 30, 2008

Tips for freelancing programmer


Share at Facebook

You'll find many more tips related this topic. But I'm posting something people didn't discussed yet. If you are a programmer and working at freelancing sites, then you can take a look at below terms before work.

** Think twice before work with an Indian Buyer. For sure Indian coders are great, but not the buyers. Indian buyer are hard to pay standard money. They always try to as less as they can. From a coder's point of view which is a awe.

** Most of the buyers likes to won a project from one freelancing site as a coder, and post the same project at another freelancing site as a buyer. If they won the project with $100, they will post it as a buyer for less than $50. You can not blame them, but I have ethical problem to work with them.

** If any buyer says that I'll not do any escrow, just pay you after project completion, then just kick the buyer, cause you may got cheated.

Once again, I'm not forbidding you to work with those buyer, just reminding you before work.




5 comments:

Hanush.H.Nair said...

I AM AN INDIAN, BUT NOT A BUYER
I AM A PROGRAMMER. HOW COME U SAY IN GENERAL INDIANS ARE LIKE THT. DO U HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE LIKE THT

subeen said...

I have seen many projects from Indian buyers in RentACoder, and in most of the cases they make the max bid limit low :(, anyway, there can be some exceptions.

Wolf said...

Nair,

Read the Project specification from both link.
http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1210264886.shtml (Buyer name Dreams)
http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/C-C/Super-pages-extractor.html (buyer name SouthIndian)
After reading the project details, it is understandable that both the buyer dreams and SouthIndian are nothing but a single person.

Now come to the point. The person "SouthIndian" Won the project from http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/PHP-Perl-CGI/Web-Scrape-Yahoo-Local-Google.267904.html at date "05-29-2008 02:09" with $100.
Now he wants to complete the task. So the "dreams"(who is known as "SouthIndian" at getafreelancer) open a project at scriptlance at follow link http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1212213243.shtml at date "5/31/2008 at 1:54 EST" with only $50 (Read project details, and both are same.)

So he has $50 profit after completion the project. Since he is a MIDDLE MAN, he will try to pay you as less as he can. Where a direct buyer won't do this.

I'm not blaming the person. My suggestion is just avoid this MIDDLE MAN person, and try to work directy with buyer.

If you search Internet, you'll find thousands of example like this one.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Could you please contact me at ben.klng@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Andy Carter said...

Great work and full of knowledgeable information for freelancers. And I really enjoy being a freelance programmer. I do all my work over the internet. I use freelancing platforms like 99hours.com.. I must admit, when I first started, it was a little tough, but with sheer determination I’m now an independent programmer and web designer.